Tuesday, January 26, 2010

own kitchen

Reading this book helped me to realize that all of my favorite books - the ones I can't put down - have nothing in common except for a voice / narrator / author that I really like. Elizabeth Gilbert, Bill Carter, Wally Lamb, Kelly Corrigan, Jeanette Walls: these are all people and/or characters I'd really like to hang out with. At first I was skeptical if I could add this author, Gretchen Rubin (who posted a comment about our book club at http://happinessisrealwhenshared.blogspot.com!), to my list of fantasy-author-friends. But tonight I decided I liked her, when she said: "I wanted to change my life without changing my life. I wanted to find happiness in my own kitchen."

Do you like her / her voice? I've heard some feedback that it's too sugary sweet or that it's too analytical. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I just started it yesterday but so far I really like her and her voice. Some of her thoughts our thoughts that I have had myself I was reading it at work today and couldn't put it down.

    ReplyDelete